Saturday, 25 December 2010

ho ho ho - oh! oh! oh!

I asked Arabella and Wesley if they would like to pose for xmas photos this year?

ho ho ho? - I said,

no! no! no! - they said!

well I rarely dress up myself so expecting them to dress up was stretching it a bit too far!

Luckily we could all celebrate in style though - as Jack Rabbit and his red hat wearing admirer arrived in festive style!

This beautiful birch card arrived all the way from Scandinavia and has been one of my favourite images ever. I am completely besotted by rabbits and hares and I could think of no better dream than kissing them.
This birch card is called 'it was JackRabbit's First Kiss and hers too' and it carries me away to a tender loving place!
Did santa not bring you the display-all-year-round-card you had so wished for? - don't worry - JackRabbit is right here.

My JackRabbit birch card will be joining my other 3 xmas cards that I have had out on display for the last, er, goodness me, 5 years!

and also bringing in the festive cheer was our new family member Ram!

young and handsome Ram arrived all decked out in same hat as JackRabbit's admirer! my, my! though it was missing the white pom pom on top and he told me, with big opened eyes, that it had fallen off as he was being put into the post bag and he had not eaten it! nope! no siree!
hmmmm....

He had travelled all the way from Georgia and was rather hungry by the time he got here. No he wasn't wanting festive kisses - it was a mince pie he was after! (mincemeat vegetarian pies that is)

he had a look around the house, admired my Russian paintings then got tucked in to a pie, then another, then ...

(did your xmas ram eat their way out of the wrapping paper and disappear?? - don't worry - there are more here!)

well, JackRabbit was busy kissing, Ram was eating, then this little fellow came by to bring in the festive cheer too!

I asked him where on earth his hat was?
Hat! he snapped, 'can't you see I'm already wearing a black mask? why then would I need a hat??'

well, er, I said, for the season? I put him down and he scurried off to inspect the rabbit collection. Just as well the rabbits are at least 100 times his size and way too big to interest him. Then I spotted him going for the pies...

(did you not get that beautiful statement piece of attire that you wished Santa had brought? - I am sure it is waiting here for you)

as if it was not jolly enough here I then had the very good fortune to welcome Miss Princess to the home!
She came bearing gifts of chocolate and tea - all uneaten and no nibbles!

I had seen these delicate ladies on Shell's blog the Raspberry Rabbits. Sometimes it's hard to get perspective and size right when looking at photos and when I took her out of the bag and welcomed her into my home she just took my breath away!

She has the softest face ever and the green ribbon is 'just my shade' of green! (see my 20 year old cardy I am wearing!?)
She will be on display year round ofcourse ~ now, however, she was off to see what was on Arabella's plate, muttering something about not being able to eat chocolate as it's poisonous for rabbits, and so much for tea leaves!! tut! tut! so tiny, not even a mouthful!

(does your xmas tree still have that single vacant space for one more special handmade with love decoration? - just ask Shell here)

then before I even had time to replenish the mince pies a beautiful Celestial Hare Pendant hopped in to join us all!

Goodness me! surely my xmases have all come at once?! I was not even going to broach the subject of red hats with her, after all she had brought the moon and her magic into my home!

she was happy to meet my reindeer and enchant him with stories of the stars, mother earth and moon!

(did Santa lose your Celestial Hare Pendant amongst the stars as he dashed across the sky with his reindeer? - not to worry - your one is here)

Ram and JackRabbit got together and were whispering away ....

..... Not on your nelly! said Wesley

..... And don't even look at me! said Arabella

- 'if you get to open your presents a week before xmas there is no way we are wearing any silly hats - pom poms or not!' chimed Arabella and Wesley

aaah - xmas day - could it get any better?
(I did infact open all my 5 wrapped presents last week in a very unfestive mood, as well as dissect the special rabbit xmas crackers I ordered online - they will be going in my scrapbooks, the wrappers are just delightful)

I want to say thanks, from my heart, to some very special people, ~ they know who they are ~

11 comments:

  1. What lovely Xmas gifties! You were especially blessed this year. :)

    Mickey also refused any ideas of actually getting dressed up for Christmas, but reluctantly allowed me to photoshop a Santa hat upon his grumpy head.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Jade! yes, blessed :)

    how is Mickey?? his teeth? I read about that incompetent vet on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Ram is so cute - nice job on all the artwork, but the real bunnies are my favorites ;-)

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Doris!
    though with all this beauty around I am not allowed favourites in my home :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you and Wesley and Arabella had a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely gifts Annette! I have got some very beautiful presents my self and the squirles enjoy Christmas here with trees and nuts inside a warm and candle lit home. Thank you so much.

    Happy Holidays to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope you and your guy & gal are enjoying your holiday and the snow! my wish for snow has come to fruition with a blizzard! oh but i'm enjoying being snowed in. went for a woods stroll with my camera a little bit ago before the wind got too blustery to walk.

    very fine goodies you have here annette. i put jack rabbit on my wish list for "being a good wife" - how's that! enjoy your day and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what lovely gifts and cards, I sense a little disapproval in your bunnies though! Hope you have a lovely New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful gifts you received!!! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas, and thanks again Annette.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year!!
    We wish you a joyful life
    full of healthy, happiness and pleasure :)

    Hugs Love Anya

    Kareltje =^.^=

    Betsie =(^.^)=

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you warmly Christina!

    Eline that sounds Perfect :)

    Pat your walk sounds so beautiful! and you will be pleased with JackRabbit! I sure am!!

    heh heh Juliet! no disapproval here - they got their treats!

    many thanks Lisa :)

    Anya and Kareltje and Betsie we send you much love and warm wishes for 2011 xxx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your lovely comment and taking the time to read my post, appreciated