Monday, 24 December 2012

follow your bliss

what better motto than Follow Your Bliss?


I follow this every day, without fail
and the life I lead is blissful beyond measure.

I am surrounded by love and loving people, I am blessed with the adoring company of Wesley and every day I do only what I love to do. 
(and I love everything I do, without exception).


I made some new kits and leverets. Just gotta take some photos and muster up their stories.
I love writing the stories, it's such fun. 
Though sometimes the kits and leverets are not necessarily having fun, but that's what's fun about it all - their foibles, their tiny voices of indignation and perturbation, their mistakes as they grow - and finally learn to follow their bliss...


the other morning I was having breakfast with my visitor. 
I was enjoying an earl grey and a slice of xmas cake ('tis the season :) 
and he had some Burgen bread, (which is pretty delicious as far as good tasting breads go, and in my house the motto 'let them eat cake' only applies to me)

and then, out of the blue, we saw an incredible - and rare - sight 

3 Waxwings flew in!!! 
and had a short rest on the wire thingy opposite my window.
They made some beautiful melodic chirrings and then they were off again!

these striking birds are from Scandinavia and only come to these shores in winter.



so we enjoyed the waxwings and then the postie brought some more visitors from afar!

A beautiful handmade felt card from Shell of Raspberry Rabbits, in America and a polar bear handmade card from Juliet of Crafty Green Poet, here, not so far away, in Scotland. 
Do love my handmade cards!


As I was opening my envelopes Wesley came over and demanded to be stroked. 
And so the little wisps of fur from his nape made their way not on to the carpet as they would most normally do, but instead onto the undecorated xmas tree of Shell's card.

It looks rather appropriate I think and the grey rabbits are pleased.


Every year I treat myself to a lagomorph tree decoration, or two, or three.

And so this adorable hare arrived from Robert at Pavlova and Fox on etsy. 

Last year I bought 4 litter mates from Robert and they live on the fir wreath in my hall year round. Too good to come out only once a year!


The brown hare sat atop my white on white love tree, and looking around the living room, glanced at his brown coat and the snow-white branches, then spied the rustic heart just above him, 
and with a hop, 
decided instead to reside there!


....yaaaaawwwnnnNNN!!! 
so much happiness here....
...so much bliss...

now, how 'bout following this white rabbit and go bring me some dried carrots Santa, er, I mean Annette


Happy Xmas and may santa be good to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Wesley is adorable as ever! Glad you got to see some waxwings, they're wonderful birds! Happy Christmas (slightly belatedly) and best wishes for 2013

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Juliet! yes the waxwings were amazing, a real treat!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your lovely comment and taking the time to read my post, appreciated