Monday, 21 January 2013

the Kindness of Strangers

I've been selling my stuff on etsy since 2007 and since then I've seen the etsy community pull together many times to help others in need - there is alot of love on etsy

I was visiting Penny's blog Sparrow Salvage and just read about etsy seller Sandra of Azulado and her 5 year old son, who has just lost her husband at only 40.

Estella from etsy shop Star of the East is having an amazing Raffle to raise funds for her - and there are many beautiful prizes donated (50 prizes) from loving sellers on etsy

including this tender rabbit print by BarbaraSzepesiSzucs


and ofcourse Sandra has beautiful pieces in her own etsy shop too, with everything going to support her and her son.

This beautiful ring reminds me of a slice of carrot and I'm sure that many buns would appreciate being stroked by a hand wearing a carrotty ring :)


and just as beautiful is this orange and light aqua necklace - with many, many delicious carrotty slices
I can see myself getting more licks and kisses from Wesley with this piece of sunshine around my neck!

He is much, much better and eating normal again - thanks so much for everyone's well wishes :)

I really appreciate all the warmth and friendship I have received from the many special friends I have made online, it is heartwarming.
And I am glad to be able to help spread the word for Sandra and her young son, I wish them both much, much love. Thank you Penny, thank you Estella and Esther :)


5 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that Welsey is feeling better, so happy.
    I shared on FB and will buy some tickets. My heart goes out to this lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Christina, yes he is all better and off the antibiotics either tomorrow or Friday evening at the latest :)
    and thanks for sharing this, my heart goes out to her too, with her tiny son xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for sharing the raffle!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your lovely comment and taking the time to read my post, appreciated