Saturday, 19 January 2013

there were 2 in the bed & little one said ...

hey! don't roll over missus, 
otherwise you'll have a real-fur hot water bottle cover!!


and for the 3rd day running the tiny beastie crept into my bed and slept needingly beside me


snuggled under the fleece blankets and light blue quilt

with a wet tufty jowl
crying


and crying

and crying

even though a couple days before we had made the delightful trip to our amazing vet Margot, of Dunedin vets,
and he had his tiny pair of (peg) teeth, that grow behind his normal incisors, burred down and an inspection of the chompers

cos I thought that was what was causing the wet tufty furred jowl


and so, after a couple days of traumeel homeopathic pain killers, and lots of fussing, and some treats (no, not chocolate covered kisses from a heart shaped box, just Scottish organic oatcakes), 
and still the crying and midnight-to-dawn bed visits hadn't stopped, 
even though the teethys had been attended to ....

.... we made another journey out to see Margot our amazing vet 

and one anaesthetised zonked-out lagomorph later



Wesley came home minus an infected, loose back molar

...... aaaaaaawwwww :)       poor little bunny   !!!



so, after lots of love and kisses from me

and the tiny hares in the house

my little mister is on the road to full recovery

(and I'm back to the plastic variety hot-water bottles now)

14 comments:

  1. Aw Wesley. I am so sorry you weren't feeling well little man. I hate those stinking teeth problems. You get well tiny friend and I will be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh poor Wesley, glad he's feeling better now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hes so sweet, bless him, hope hes back to A1 soon. LindaXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you ladies ;)
    Wes is eating like a horse again! though he has now become partial to the warmth of an evening bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, poor baby. I'm so glad you figured it out. And now he's got a warm snuggly bed to sleep in : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet baby!!!! I am praying you feel better soon and I am so glad you got that nasty tooth out! Oh I HATE the thought of a bunny in pain!! hate it hate it hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww, poor sweet bunneh-bun! Breaks my heart to see that sad face, and I am so happy that he is feeling better now. A sweet bun like Wesley deserves a snuggy warm bed every night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha - the vote is now for a warm snuggly bed for the bunneh every night!
    Wesley 1 mama 0 :)
    (just joking! - actually we are both winners!)
    he is all good now and just a couple days more on his antibiotics

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness I started reading this and saw his sad little face and thought it was going to end badly... thank goodness I was wrong! Hooray, and well done to you both ... I'd snuggle that little ball of wonderful every night in my bed too (but my husband already complains about a toddler taking up all the space in the bed so we have to draw a line somewhere he he he)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad he is doing better. I know my cat just had a molar pulled. Painful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor Wesley. Glad he's doing better. He's a lucky boy to have you looking out for him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh Lisa, sorry for the scare :) I promise no double heartbeats here, only good news
    Wes now has his bed beside mine every night, and most times is under the covers with me, ha ha! I am glad your bed is nice and warm :)

    thanks Natascha, and love to your kitty!

    thanks Karen, he is an angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I'm so happy is he doing better! Poor little thing!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your lovely comment and taking the time to read my post, appreciated