Sunday, 12 January 2014

nothing else matters


I have been missing my angel a little


though when I close my eyes and smile and remember his unconditional love for me,
and mine for him

then I am reminded that -


nothing else matters

this is a real nice easy Metallica song to listen to
Wes loved Metallica when I played it, and played it rather loud, which was often

we would enjoy the moment together
and Metallica's songs are pretty long so the moment was blissful


my angel is amongst the stars

on wings that will never tire

amongst love that only gets stronger


though back down here on earth I still haven't put his mats away

~ I'm not ready yet ~

but I did have to put his food bowls away.
I was visited the other night by a tiny furred, long tailed, short eared friend

so his mats are just being occupied by one of his xmas presents - a little green fish 
Wes and I got one each and these wee beasties make me smile every time 


his heater is still on, and his favourite toy sits beside it, keeping warm
it's still got his saliva all over it, on the hardened bits of matted fur

yeah, like I said ~ I hadn't let go yet eh
...still not time..
.....not time yet..


I finally got my xmas tree up though (it didn't need decorating)

some things have been moving slowly

I suppose celebrating xmas in January is allowed some years eh?


my wee heart often slept beside this zebra as the sun shone in

every now and again I would have to pull round the love heart as it would be brushed to the back by Wes as he got up


this is the beautiful xmas paper I bought in December, used a little bit of it

it has a pair of love birds amongst the metallic gold trees, and stars in the night's sky

so, so beautiful eh

I never gave as many presents as I wanted to at xmas, my last minute things all got put aside

though I received some beautiful gifts in the mail from afar -


I received LOVE from my dear friend
my friend whom I love so much
my friend whom I appreciate so much with all my heart, all my heart

who has been here too, with buns going to the stars

- we all know exactly how it feels

exactly


and when I looked thru these beautiful cards

I was reminded by a precious rabbit holding the flower-of-unconditional-love that All is Well

and that made me smile big time! yay!! 
a little rabbit from across the big pond letting me know that all is well :)

and 2 fishys on another card reminded me to look for reason to be appreciative every day

so ofcourse I do 


Wesley's little fishy is also my reminder
(so adorable eh? I totally love fishys big time, and lizardys and dinosaurs)

I so appreciate having such a loving, caring friend :)

Big, big thank you Shell, Harrington and Lady Hannah Golden Hare xxx


Wes and I had so many happy, happy, fun-filled times together

he always made me laugh! he never complained about my awful baking
he always had a smile and kiss for me! he never complained about my laziness
he always loved me more and more every day! he never complained when my hand got tired from patting him

yeah, we had fun, lots of fun
lots of smiles
every day


and thank you to another beautiful lady and my most favourite pin-up boy I will have smiles every month this year! 


handsome Mr Mick is gracing my walls in his very own calendar! yay!


so I will have a lop to smile at and appreciate every day 

I do so love this picture of Micky relaxing so I reckon it may be my month of choice for quite a few months 

here he is on my wall, showing those teeny tiny leverets how to do it...

Big, big thank you Jade and Mr Mick xxx


last summer I made a wish, 
then took it home with me
(a dandelion wish)


and put it in my shadow box to be watched over by hare and deer
amongst the feathers and metallic flowers


and now that my angel is up amongst the stars where my wish is
(cos a wish once made goes straight to the stars)



he will see that it comes to me

as that's how all wishes come true, on the wings of angels


and every evening as I work thru the night
with the stars, and my precious love shining down on me
as I bask in some Metallica
I can relax in the knowledge that all my dreams are coming true


as nothing else matters

LOVE is a 4 letter word

and

all is well :)




thank you all so, so much for all the tender, caring, heart-felt, beautiful words, warmth and love for me, I so appreciate it all, I really do

much much love
Annette xxx


3 comments:

  1. Sending healing thoughts your way, Annette. When I loss Molly almost four years ago now, you shared a bit of wisdom with me that I still keep written down to this day: "I now firmly believe that the quality of life means everything, no matter how long or short that time may be. Finding a cure is not always the best option and making the best of things I think is the best we can do."

    May you find peace. ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Jen, I remember your beautiful sweetheart Molly!! yes, to enjoy the moment is so much more important than spending time trying to fix things. And you kept that snippet :) aw, touching!
    much, much love to you - I look at your beautiful fawn photo every single day, it is my heart, that fawn!! (and another one in my shadow box as you saw)
    love always Annette xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All is well and it's even better when you have friends who understand and send lots of hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your lovely comment and taking the time to read my post, appreciated