Sunday, 23 March 2014

it's never too late for a Booty Call


and when it comes to my booty, aka tush, I am pleased to say that I have corrected my form when I am doing my deadlifts!  yay!  *high 5*  *big cheer*  *big big smile*

and my tush is no longer reaching for the sky before I start my lift

so that is totally absolutely such great progress!

and I managed for the first time Ito do 2 reps on 100kg

so I'm looking forward to doing 110kg next, while keeping up reps on 100kg
though I can see that I still have to straighten up a bit more at the top, so that's something to work on
it's always so good to get yourself filmed, makes you really think about your form when doing these lifts, and it has made the world of difference to me 

I put my pointers on all the clips, but for anyone interested, here they are -

Metallica on full blast
shoeses off 
feetys just wider than squat stance
shins to the bar
lock arms out
'drive' with heels into the ground
drag bar up the shins (best to wear pants)
and thrust forward with hips as soon as bar clears knees
to finish nice n clean


reps on 95kg
this is the first time I have lifted 95kg, as I'd gone straight from 90kg to 100kg (I like going up in 10s)


reps on 90kg
I did this before the 95s and 100s and wasn't wanting to tire myself out too much, as 100kg was my main goal doing it this new way


reps on 60kg
this was my warm up to let my gym mate check my new form before all that glory above

- so - only 2 weeks ago I was deadlifting like a bag of ...., no matter how much good advice I was receiving from my gym mates, it was going in one ear and out the other,
and now 2 weeks later I've made such good progress - whom to credit?

well it would have to be this cute boy below - Nick Wright



I was on youtube looking at deadlifting and I came across this clip of Nick explaining how he does it,
and somehow it stayed inside my brain, amongst all that grey stuff, between the ears.... :/  and kinda sunk in 


and as soon as I went to the gym the next day I practised what he'd said, got one of the boys to watch me, and wow! it worked! 
worked a treat!

thank you so much Nick!! :)

the only thing I do differently (cos that's just me), is place a couple of 5kg plates on the floor in front of the barbell, (you can see them in my clips), so the bar doesn't roll toward me when I grab on to it, as I only have 100kgs on it, not the 170kg/220kg+ like the boys do
and that seems to work perfectly



so I am so so so SO excited!!!!
I've been deadlifting since last June and now finally I've got it!

I absolutely LOVE deadlifting! with all my heart! 
it's so exciting, so powerful, so all encompassing, and of all the exercises I do in the gym, deadlifting is my absolute favourite
and I love love love being strong!

I reckon I will have to get myself one of Nick's sweatshirts eh?  STRONG  - love it!

thank you so much Nick, really appreciate you sharing your knowledge : )



so it took me 9 months to finally get the hang of it!

and yes, that is a little baby in a romper suit you see above
(but not 'my' baby - I don't do babies or romper suits or nappies, never have done, I'm a rabbit-mama only!)

and yes, it is a newborn Meerkat - yeah, that's right, one of those little furry things that has been on the tv adverts, and yeah I saw it on tv up at my mum's one night, 
and oh my god! what a cute little thing it looked like, and it had a tiny little furry 'grub' toy with it - oh, okay, the truth was - I was really excited by the fat furry grub more than the meerkat,
and so, yeah, I was sucked right in - 
I went straight home and googled the meerkat
and shucks, yeah, I compared the meerkat .com ha ha ha


so a few clicks later and a savings of 60% on my home contents & buildings insurance, ha ha ha!!! yeah, really! 60%
like wow! 
I saved well over £220!!  ha ha ha

and a tiny little grub would be making it's way to me, (along with a baby meerkat)


then last week the doorbell rang and the postie handed me a small brown box and...

anyway, my little meerkat is now called Grublet. Not Oleg : )

and grub is called, eh, ... Grub?


so there was Grublet throwing a tantrum with a dirty nappy after a 3 month, 24,000km long journey, and he tossed precious Grub into the fast flowing river on my woodland carpet


for goodness sake! 
I wasn't going to get my socks wet in the river, and the baby was too small for swimming lessons...

well, we both held our breaths.... 

but thankfully the rocks on the river trapped the fat Grub there


and he stopped greetin......



so I picked Grub up to make sure he wasn't hurt in his first misadventure 
(as I am sure one so small and new to the world will be having many, many more adventures...)


then after a nappy change I placed them up on the backs of my hares Seramr and her husband Wintergarden
(Seramr wasn't wanting a crying baby on her back so she let Grub play on her and pull her ears instead)
(Wintergarden was a modern-dad, and he loved caring for babies and all that soppy stuff, so he had clean-nappy Grublet up on him, drooling over his ears)
(yeah, I lied about changing the nappy, that was Wintergarden who did it. I've only ever changed 1 nappy in my whole life and my sister-in-law was not impressed, and to this day I still can't work out why nappys are so darn hard to put around a little sweating screaming slightly-still-poo-stained wriggling newborn...)


anyway, babies, no matter if they are screaming naked pinky human ones, or incredibly cute adorable fluffy furry little ones - are For Life

yeah - for life!
like as in - always and forever!


so, here is Arabella - my first 'baby' photo of her, by her first husband Zai

(she was about 2ish when I got her as she was locked in a hutch for the first year of her life, before being rescued, then spent the next year at the rescue centre with no name, as no-one wanted a rabbit that looked like a normal wild one. Thank goodness! cos I fell in love with her straight away! she was such a beauty! so like a hare!)




and ofcourse my little King of Kings, Wesley - this is his first 'baby' photo when I took him home

(he was about 1 and a 1/2 because after he was found on the disused railway line covered in blood and urine, he was then at the rescue for a year, as no-one wanted a normal looking white rabbit with pinky eyes. Thank goodness! cos ofcourse you all know that I immediately fell in love with my little soulmate Wesley when I first saw him online)

I drove down to Rugby with Arabella to see if he would be her 2nd husband (Zai left for the stars 3 months after Arabella came to live here), and Wesley and Arabella were '2 hour friends' at the rescue, pretending to 'bond' so that I could take Wes home with me.
But as soon as he came home they had a huge bloody - as in blood spilt - fight. And they remained non-friends for ever after! ha ha - and lived happily separated by a baby-gate!

So, since it is Easter-time soon, and unless you make an online visit to compare the meerkat .com to welcome a furry grub, and er, baby meerpup into your life,
if you are feeling attracted to a long eared furry companion, then may I suggest that there will be many beautiful and well deserving rabbits at your local rabbit rescue waiting for a loving forever home - for, like, for ever :)

will have to see how Grub and Grublet settle in, may just have to consider a little furry companion who can clean their own bum...


and er, hope all your booty calls are as enjoyable as mine?
happy deadlifting!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for leaving your lovely comment and taking the time to read my post, appreciated