Sunday, 10 March 2013

i like to .....

1. bask in the sun


2. watch the snow fall


3. and always give just that little bit more


and I managed to do all 3 today!
imagine that - sun, snow and sharing

I wanted to take some baby hare photos in the sun, so the clouds obliged and parted and the hot sun graced my living room, then when I was finished photographing I got a wild snow storm. (you can just see the white flecks of horizontal snow whizzing by my windows)

and then it was time for Wes to do the drawing of the magnet give away

and since I love surprises and giving more than I get, I added in some 'extras' to accompany the magnet
I put in
- a photo of hare
- a postcard of hare
- a little memo pad I made of hare
- and a sticker of Wes sleeping with his white toy doggy


Wes does not work for carrots, 
so I got 2 pieces of his favourite organic Scottish oatcakes, from Nairns, made right here in Edinburgh, and bundled around the names on strips of paper


I decided that the ball closest to me would be the winner, 
so Wes charged in as soon as he got a sniff of the oatcakes and nuzzled into the pile


and before I had time to breath - the 2 chunks has vanished!


but a ball had made it's way to the outskirts 


and I straightened it out to reveal the name .....


Christina! yay!


Congratulations Christina, I shall have this little pile of hares in the mail to you this week (and, ssshhhh!, if you ask your buns to keep mum, I shall put in some of Wes' heart shaped cookies that I baked for him a fortnight ago.... :)


and since it was mother's day in Scotland today, 
I made my mama a card 
and she came down in the snowstorm to visit me 
and we ate delicious Borders biscuits, drank cups of earl & lady grey tea (my own speciality mix - yeah, okay, I just took the 2 packs of loose leaf and shoogled them together for a light but fragrantly manly taste)
and then we went shopping and bought chocolate shaped easter rabbits!


and after that I relocated the hares I took pics of earlier today, from my etsy shop to the Hare Preservation Trust's shop (will be on very soon)

baby hare Pleasure who loves to paint


baby hare Maxima who loves his ears flat against his back, always


and baby hare Gossamer who is still a little insecure and afraid


hey! 
don't think I didn't hear you earlier Annette - putting in some of my cookies for Christina's rabbits! 

pfff - ain't gonna happen girl, ain't gonna happen

I may look like I am half asleep catching the sun's rays, 
but if a morsel of cookie so much as goes into an envelope - well, there will be snow storms in this house for sure!! 
.... honestly, bake a few cookies and think you can share the world ..... bah!

Thanks so much to everyone who entered my give away! 
I reckon I may just have a purdy little brooch for my next give away :)

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Christina!

    (Wes, Mick says you might want to start hiding your cookies before your mum gives them away. He says he'll be happy to hide them somewhere nobunny will ever find them. Knowing Mick, it's probably in his belly, greedy bun that he is.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Mick, Wes here - great advice! I particularly like the stomach part and next time Annette leaves the kitchen cupboard open I shall... uh oh - she's back ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wes is such a cute little helper! Congratulations Christina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo Christina (and bunns!)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teehee Wesley! I will tell the bunnies just how special they are for getting to try your cookies and that they had better appreciate your sacrifice. Thanks for choosing my name little buddy.

    Thank you so much Annette for all the extra goodies. I can't wait to get my package. Yay for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOh i have to be in next time. Today is day one of wearing Mustard Hare on my coat....I'll certainly be in it for another lil' thing. Wesley is just too useful!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your lovely comment and taking the time to read my post, appreciated