Wednesday, 27 November 2013

thank yous


I have a few thank yous to give


last year for the very first time I started to celebrate Thanksgiving,
that very traditional American holiday,

and my mum and I had a tasty lil bite in Starbucks with our mugs of tea and rolled off 10 things we were thankful for
~ that felt good ~


so this year, it's just me and Wes this Thanksgiving
(my mum is on far.mor duties in Norway)


I find it easy to find things to be thankful for
and every day in my journal I write up a list of 'thank you for...' things
~ that feels good ~


and in the process of giving thanks
and finding things to appreciate

I find that my life is blessed with lots of good good stuff
that comes to me easily, and in fun ways


so, since I said I had a few thank yous to give
I shall now bombard you with them
(I will write in grey and a very small font so I don't bore the sockses off you, and your eyes will get tired from the strain of trying to wade thru them and after a couple of lines you will give up, yawning, and go and make yourself a stiff whisky, em I mean hot cup of tea)
~ this will feel good ~


alrighty Annette, you can start now - I have the peanut speaker up full blast playing Metallica so you can prattle away till the turkeys, er cows come home...

ofcourse you do Wesley :)
so here goes -

thank you for my beautiful adorable rabbit Wesley who sleeps between my feet all the time and if I move them out the way he reaches up to paw my legs in vexation, thank you for my quiet peaceful cosy warm home, thank you for the sun shining warmly on me I totally adore the sun adore adore adore, thank you for my customers all over the world - yay! I love you all thank you for buying the stuffs I make, and thank you for my friends and blog readers and stoppers-by reading all this fodder I endlessly produce hoping to make you smile and even laugh a little perhaps, thank you for my healthy neat little car who passed his mot with flying colours this year as I sat inside the service centre with a tiny baby puppy in my arms nibbling on my buttons that I was holding for a gym buddy mate as he got his wheels checked out, thank you for my excellent affordable gym membership and my super fantastic weights room with everything I need and love cos the weights is what I loves with all my heart and soul and it is my lifeblood my drug my passion and my desire, thank you for the friendship from all my friends all over the world it is so nice to have friends, thank you for the friendship and food-induced friendship from all my feathered friends that I say hello to every day as I feed them and no I don't feel in the slightest that I have to bribe them for friendship as this is all part of the deal, thank you for the little squirrely who always stops to smile at me with a nut in his paws when I have just fed him, thank you for my running shoes which are still runnable and wearable even after 9 long years not bed eh that's asics for you, thank you for my strong healthy fit body which takes me places I want to go and do things I wanna do I'm real happy with my body big time, thank you for my cosy warm snuggly bed with the light blue quilt I love and the covers with paw and hoof and birdy feety prints all over it I adore them so much, thank you for my etsy shop which makes it possible for me to work here at home at my desk with cups of tea and cake and and and, thank you for my delicious cups of lady grey tea, yum yum yum so nice to drink, and thank you for the walnut whips which I just love eating, yum yum yum and I've gobbled 3 down since last night and I don't feel guilty in the slightest and why should I as I've ran 6 miles and spent 6 hours working out yadda yadda yadda but that's just me and I might have another one later tonight, thank you for my electricity supply which gives me hot water and lights and heat any time I want it and a kettle that works at the press of a switch and a fridge that is always on keeping Wes' parsnips nice n fresh, thank you for my fresh water supply that gives me on tap drinking water and delicious relaxing showers, so love my hot hot showers mmm did I say how much I love them, thank you for my bathroom which is cosy and warm and toasty on cold winter days and is just the way I love it, thank you for my sash windows which keep the outside out and the warmth in and I get a great view from them and Wes loves the sun shining in, thank you for the trees with their beautiful leaves in brilliant colours and the soft bed of leaves all over the ground now - if I was a doggie I would be rolling about in them for sure, thank you for my mac and the internet connection and my internet supply company for being reliable and efficient and fast and dependable cos it's not 4 eyes you get from a tv anymore but 4 eyes from a computer screen nowadays, thank you for my family whom I love with all my heart and to bits - they make me laugh and smile all the time especially my brother who skyped me this morning from Norway with my mum beside him and my microphone was not working on my computer so instead of me typing to his talking he picked up the phone to call me and I could hear the ringing on my computer speakers from his phone - as he had his phone on speaker-phone - and my phone's ringer does not work ha ha so I can never hear incoming calls ha ha ha - and as I was about to pick up my phone we all heard my mum's answer machine come on and her personal phone message 'hi this is.. I'm not in so leave a ...' and I fell off my chair laughing as my ultra cool brother hardly even smiled in his faux pas - yup that was a good good morning!, thank you for my life here on earth I love living on this planet breathing such fresh air feeling the sun on me and seeing the beasties every day, thank you for the doggies who come down my street on their way to the beach yapping their furry heads off in their excitement, thank you for the doggies who walk back up my road after their romp on the beach all exhausted and happy and sandy, thank you for my blog where I get to share my work and a little about what inspires me so that maybe a little bit of it may inspire you too and bring a smile and some happiness, thank you for the smiles I receive every day as I love love love receiving smiles and love giving smiles in return smiles feel so so good so so good love smiles big time, and lastly (for just now anyway), THANK YOU for stopping by to read 
much love
Annette xx


2 comments:

  1. Awesome thank you notes. I am thankful for you and our friendship. I shall have a latte at starbucks tomorrow and make a toast to us and the happy things we know. Light, love and hugs to you and the fuzzy one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! totally awesome that you read thru this Shell :) (but I knew you would), shall make a trip solo to Starbucks this week and have a toast on us and our furries xxx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your lovely comment and taking the time to read my post, appreciated