Monday, 22 June 2009

Thank You x 288

My Grey Hare Birthday Card won the Storque Birthday Card voting poll with 288 votes!


I had been ever mindful of the Aesop Fable - The Tortoise and the Hare, especially when I woke up today to see the 2nd place contestant Pup and Pony gain 50+ votes overnight to my 8!



Priceless was concerned because I was acting tetchy, pacing the room, refreshing my browser (even though it doesn't need to be refreshed!), sweating and generally fretting!


The grey hares were concerned too!


They all reminded me that it was merely a game.


So as a BIG thank you I shall be having a prize draw for one of these custom made cards - all the people whom I know voted for me will be entered automatically and if you did vote but didn't tell me - then please send me an etsy convo or leave a comment here.



Anyone else is also very welcome to enter - just leave a comment.


The draw will be done by my rescue rabbit Wesley in about a weeks time since it is his rabbit rescue The Rabbit and Guinea Pig Welfare that is being helped from the sale of these cards.

Perhaps Arabella will be making a draw too? After all there are no losers :)

~
Thank you as well to my Etsy For Animals Team and to etsy!

23 comments:

  1. Congratulations. I may be "slightly" biased but it really was the most unique card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do LOVE this card. So generous to give one out. Thanks for the chance! Congrats on your win at Etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the win--your card is really great!! I'd be thrilled to win one..thanks so much!
    Smiles, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I love this one and would also love a change to win one.

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Congratulations to You!
    I did vote. Did I tell you I voted? I can't remember. Anyway, I'm telling you now.
    I love ALL your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a very inventive and unusual bunny card...congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I liked many of the cards in the contest (including the second place corncob), but I'm glad yours won!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats again - I would love a chance to win one of your adorable cards :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I kept wondering why you said the votes happened "overnight" but just realized- You're in Scotland!!!! How did that bit of information escape me this week? Well, needless to say, I did not vote for the "Grey Hares", but may have grown a few this week :) and had a great time.
    ~Pupandpony
    (the second place finisher)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the win! This was my favorite card - so adorable and funny!
    There were so many wonderful cards to choose from, I am glad you came out on top!
    HeidiG@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Way to go hares! LOVE that adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for you for winning ~ I gave you my vote:)

    Would love to be entered into the draw to win one of these delightful cards

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  13. GRATULATIONS GRATULATIONS
    you deserve it ^__^
    Yeahhhhhhhh......
    We would LOVE entered into the draw
    to WIN one CARD from you yeahhh........

    Kareltje =^.^= give your a BIG BIG hug
    Anya :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wendy (pup and pony), it was delightful meeting you and I agree with you too, I also got a few grey hares!!! ha ha!

    (so glad it is all over!)

    please give Scout another fur rub from me! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY!!! Congratulations that is wonderful!! I am very happy for you, good luck to the winner (I am withdrawing my entry as I have already received a wonderful package from you, though I love your cards).
    Have a happy, successful week!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  16. Meghann - not at all - one in - all in!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so totally voted for your card as it was the most unusual and fun card there!!

    LOVE it!

    Would so totally love to be entered in your drawing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Congratulations Annette.... although I never had any doubts (I of course voted for this gorgeous card!) Now you can relax and enjoy the glow of victory!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woohoo! I didn't realize there was a draw to win one of these cards. =OD

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your win! Your gray hares are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats Annette. So glad you won.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh congratulations! It's a wonderful card and I'd love to be put in the draw!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your lovely comment and taking the time to read my post, appreciated