Monday, 11 October 2010

Always room for One more

The good thing about holding a raffle is that there is always room to add another beautiful prize!

Let me introduce 'White Rabbit says - I Love Vegans' brooch!

I already have my very own White Rabbit Brooch made by Kim from Veganessa. It is absolutely adorable and I just love wearing it.

It is a white acrylic felt rabbit brooch with a pretty patch of blue forget-me-nots and the word 'vegan' blanket stitched on and with a tiny black heart button next to it. The eye is a tiny shiny black bead. It is lightly padded, and has a secure metal brooch pin stitched on the back. It is approx 3 inches / 7.5 cm long

I wear my brooch either on my jumper or attached to my Arabella bag. Arabella is a vegan, after all!

Thank you so much Kim for taking part!!!


Jane from TheDogHouse has generously donated this humourous Greyhound in Disguise tea towel. Now there is no excuse to let your dishes drip dry and to always have it on display! Thanks Jane!

'All Ears' is a white 100% cotton tea towel featuring a hand printed image in baby blue of a greyhound wearing bunny rabbit ears! The towel is super absorbent & measures a generous 46 x 74 cm. It is hemmed on all 4 sides and has a hanging hook attached to one corner.

Jane screen printed the image onto the towel by hand using non-toxic fabric ink. The ink has been fixed using heat, making it resistant to machine washing at 40°C, dry cleaning and ironing on a cotton setting.

The image is derived from a photograph of Jane's rescue greyhound, Max, wearing a pair of ears. Ideal for use as a dish towel or for drying your dog's muddy / wet paws before they create little paw prints all over the floor!

and just to show you that Jane is not kidding about the image - here is Max in those 'faux rabbit' ears!!
Personally, Arabella, Wesley and I all think he is mighty handsome!

and this year I am delighted that Pey from Peylu has again donated a Print Set of Esme the Brown Bunny! Thank you Pey!

This image of Esme is from Pey's original painting on clay.
The set contains one ACEO ( Art Cards Editions and Originals) 9cm x 6cm
one large Greeting Card large 13 x 17cm
one small Greeting Card 9cm x 13cm
one Print on 21.5cm x 28cm paper
Plus a bonus bookmark of the same image

I have my very own set of Esme with the print above my work desk and every day I look happily at this beautiful piece of art. I really love Esme!

and I love the detail in Esme's expressive eye!

Jeanette from SquareHare has donated three beautiful pieces of jewellery! That's three chances to win! Many thanks Jeanette!

Above is her magical Ancient Celestial Hare and it is different from her usual celestial hare pendants as this one has no hammering texture. This is the only one like this, but if the winner wants it hammering Jeanette will do that for them. I really love it this way!

This Hare Pendant is Jeanette's own take on a wearable Masquerade Hare pendant, from the famous book Masquerade.

The Masquerade Hare was the reason Jeanette first studied making jewellery many many years ago. And when she later moved to her present home and saw the wild hares leaping in the fields around her, it seemed natural that she should create this piece as the first of her Hare collections.

The hare is in brass, approx 7cm long, hand sawn by Jeanette and bearing the ancient mark of the spiral that all her pieces carry, placed on it's hind leg to symbolise the strength in the Hare's legs as it leaps towards it's destiny.
The Spiral bale symbolises the creative currents of the universe, whilst the rose quartz bead, suspended from the silver chain below, represents the sleeping moon over which the Hare is leaping.


and this is the Dancing Faun, Pan Brooch in brass, playing his pipes for the dancing goddess/god within you.

He is 4.5cm high. Wear him where all can see him and see if he brings a little mischief into your life.

and on the left here is the Dancing Hare Brooch also in brass and approx 7cm high.

This Brass Hare is Jeanette's take on a wild hare dancing in the moonlight or maybe the morning sun, for the fun of simply being alive!

I think there could be nothing more special than celebrating the beauty of life! and ofcourse our lagomorph friends know all about enjoying life to the full. A very happy house rabbit will reward you with special leaps into the air that comprise twists, kicks and turns, which are commonly called 'binkies'.

Arabella and Wesley are getting a little old for binkies, but they still do them, occasionally and they always brings a smile to my face!

Tickets for these great prizes are here

2 comments:

  1. OK, I just bought my tickets. :) I'd love to have any of these great prizes --- very talented artists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much Bridget! you are an angel to the rabbits :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for leaving your lovely comment and taking the time to read my post, appreciated